Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lamp re-do!

As you know two of my favorite words when decorating are cheap and easy and this project is both!
Isn't this lamp sooo sweet!?!
Now brace yourself here is the before...not bad, but not good either.



All you need is a working lamp, 3-4 yards of tulle, ribbon, and for mine I needed spray paint and my wonderful friend antiquing glaze.

Just strip the fabric off the shade so you are left with just the shade frame.

Now just begin wraping tulle strips around the frame and tie into a knot at the end.

I had to spray the lamp base and then decided to antique it too.

And Ta-Da!
Isn't she sweet?
Hope you are having a great day!
Oh and don't forget tomorrow is Frugal Friday...
Danika
Go visit and get some great ideas!

4 comments:

  1. That turned out pretty! Of course it would be great in a girls room. I could see these done in different color tulle for different occasions, or chandelier shades...
    @cheapchichome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of the sweetest little lamps I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How girly and sweeeeet! The netting is such a neat idea.

    Thanks for linking up to SNS #6!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a GREAT idea...I too have a baby girl and will def. be doing this to one of her lamps. Thanks so much for sharing...keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete