Monday, November 9, 2009

Chalk Wall Fun


A few months back I decided to take a plain boring wall outside of my kitchen and turn it into a Chalk Wall.
It was VERY simple and cheap (two of my favorite words) to do and only took 2 hours or 1 nap to complete.



You can find chalkboard paint at any local craft or hardwear store. I used Valspar chalkboard paint in black, but these days it comes in many, many colors.

I found the frame at one of my favorite places, the Goodwill for $11.00. It was an ugly old gold frame with a mirror inside, but I knew the narrow oval shape would be perfect for this tight spot. I removed the mirror and sprayed it white. I then took some Antiquing Glaze and brushed it on and off so it would look a bit aged.

As you can see from the above photo, it's fun for all ages too! My Daughter loves to draw all over the wall and it's one wall I don't mind if she does.

Have you used chalkboard paint latley? I would love to see your projects. And stay tuned for another post on how to use chalkboard paint for the holidays.

Hope your having a great day!

Danika

No comments:

Post a Comment